Information Systems Quality Assurance Lead
(Posted on 10/30/2017)
- This position is located at the Alexandria, Virginia office. The work must be performed onsite at this location.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of three years leading a testing team.
- Minimum of five years of experience testing software.
- Experience using automated testing tools such as Telerik Test Studio or Visual Studio Test Manager.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A detail oriented and self-motivated professional that has primary responsibility for identifying problems with the numerous application systems used by the Federation.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to understand business customer problems, and communicate effectively with technology development groups and vendors.
- Ability to capture & accurately report defects and issues in a way that the development team can easily reproduce them by following the steps outlined in the report.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information in order to produce custom reports for various business units.
- Ability to get a quick understanding of the business objective of a project.
- Mastery of the software development life cycle and various methodologies used throughout.
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology.
- Familiarity with software bug tracking tools (e.g., Fogbugz, Bugzilla, Gemini, Test Director)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Ability to work as a team with senior developers, quality assurance, business analyst/project managers and a project sponsor.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Suite including Visio, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a great problem solver
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Possibility of travel two times each year usually on weekends.
- Overtime expected during outstanding and/or time-sensitive projects.
- Office environment - all office equipment provided.
Learn more about this opening by downloading the full Information Systems Quality Assurance Lead Job Description.