For purposes of examination security, each candidate who wishes to take the NPTE is required to enter into the following agreement as part of the registration and examination-taking processes:
Before you continue with the examination registration, you must agree to the following statements. If you do not agree to these terms you will not be permitted to register.
Test Taker Authenticity
I certify that I am the person who will be taking the NPTE and that my sole purpose for taking the NPTE is because I am seeking licensure in a U. S. jurisdiction.
I am aware that all NPTE test materials, including my answers, are the property of the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT).
I understand that the NPTE is a confidential and secure examination, protected by U.S. and international copyright and trade secret laws.
I also understand that I am contractually obligated to keep all NPTE content confidential, by virtue of this Security Agreement I am entering into with FSBPT.
I understand and agree that the following things are examples of prohibited acts and that this list is not inclusive of every potential prohibited act.
I agree that I will not:
- disclose or discuss NPTE content with anyone verbally, in writing, or through any other method of communication including on the Internet, through email accounts, or through any social media;
- bring any materials or devices into the testing room or attempt to remove any items from the testing room;
- copy, memorize, record, or otherwise attempt to retain or recreate examination content including questions, concepts, topics, graphics, and images;
- assist anyone to copy, memorize, record, otherwise retain, recreate, or reconstruct the content for any purpose;
- share answers to questions;
- study from information derived from any item listed above.
Obligation to Cooperate
I recognize that I may be asked in the future to respond to questions, provide information or documents, or otherwise participate in an investigation of an exam security matter related to the NPTE. Failure to fully cooperate in an investigation may be considered a breach of my obligations under this Security Agreement.
Consequences for Non-Compliance
I understand that FSBPT has the right to take action against me if I breach this agreement, any of the terms and conditions specified in the Candidate Handbook or Prometric Testing Center Regulations, if I fail to comply with reasonable requests from Test Center Administrators or FSBPT staff, or if any of my actions may reasonably be construed to misrepresent myself, jeopardize the security of the NPTE, or call the validity of NPTE scores into question. These actions may include one or more of the following:
- The Test Administrator may immediately dismiss me from the test session;
- My exam may not be scored, my scores may be canceled, without a refund, and the jurisdiction receiving my scores may be informed of the reason for the cancellation;
- The institution where I received my physical therapy education may be informed of actions taken against me;
- I may be temporarily suspended or permanently banned from taking the NPTE;
- I may face a lawsuit that may result in my receiving court-enforced penalties;
- I may have to pay a monetary penalty;
- I may face criminal prosecution;
- Disciplinary action may be taken against me by a jurisdiction licensing authority (state board).
FSBPT is the final authority that determines whether I have the privilege of taking the NPTE, whether an examination is scored, or whether the score from my examination is provided or transferred to any entity or licensing jurisdiction.
I have read, understand, and agree to the foregoing statements.
In order to safeguard the public welfare and the integrity of the NPTE, FSBPT reserves the right to prohibit any person from taking the NPTE who has not accepted the terms and conditions of the foregoing Security Agreement.