Candidates who are ineligible to register for the NPTE because they do not meet eligibility requirements are able to request that a jurisdiction appeal on their behalf to FSBPT.
The only eligibility requirements that can be appealed through this process are:
- 6-time lifetime limit
- 2 very low scores policy.
The 2022 eligibility requirements are not yet in effect.
- Download Form. APPEALS FORM.
- Submit to Jurisdiction. Submit the completed form to the jurisdiction where you have been seeking licensure. Jurisdiction contact information.
- Jurisdiction Review. The state licensing board will review the appeal request and determine whether they will submit to FSBPT. Appeals will only be considered from bona fide candidates for licensure.
- FSBPT Review. Appeals that are submitted to the FSBPT by a jurisdiction on behalf of a candidate will be reviewed and a decision made within 60 days.
- Notification. Candidates will be notified by email by FSBPT if an appeal has been granted.
- Appeal Information. When an appeal is granted, the individual has ONE YEAR to register for ONE ADDITIONAL exam attempt.
IMPORTANT NOTE: FSBPT will NOT review appeals requests directly from candidates. The appeal must come from a jurisdiction.