Free Resources


Foreign Educated Physical Therapists

State Licensure Requirements, NPTE® Information

Every state in the United States including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands requires a license to practice as a physical therapist. Physical therapist assistants may be either licensed or certified depending on the state. Individuals with a physical therapy education from a CAPTE accredited program meet the educational standards required; however, other licensure requirements may vary from state to state. Individuals wishing to be licensed in the United States must become aware of licensure requirements for the state in which he/she would like to work.

State Licensure Requirements - http://www.fsbpt.org/ExamCandidates/ApplyingforStateLicence.aspx and JLRG charts
NPTE Information - http://www.fsbpt.org/ExamCandidates/NationalExam(NPTE).aspx