Preparing for the NPTE
The first and most crucial step to passing the NPTE is understanding and reviewing the content presented in the exam. Both the PT and PTA exams consist of objective, multiple-choice questions covering the major areas of physical therapy. Abridged content outlines are included in Appendix A of this Handbook. Complete content outlines are posted on the FSBPT website.
Practice Exam and Assessment Tool
The Practice Exam and Assessment Tool (PEAT) is a timed, computer-based, multiple-choice practice exam presented in the same format as the NPTE that can help to identify your strengths and weaknesses prior to taking the actual exam. PEAT has several benefits:
- The same format and type of questions as the actual NPTE
- Immediate and automatic scoring
- A detailed performance report by content area and system
- Explanations and rationales behind correct answers
- References to help you increase your knowledge
Your PEAT purchase includes two timed exams for your exam level (PT or PTA). Each set consists of a retired NPTE form and a practice form. The fee for PEAT is $99 for sixty days’ access.
For more detailed information, please see the PEAT FAQs.